Wednesday 3 October 2012

Creamy Vegan Pasta Salad

Ahh...it's already October!

Time flies! ^^"

I'm sorry that in September, I only posted one recipe.

Today, I'm going to teach you to make a delicious Pasta Salad!!

I forgot when I made this... It's some time in July or August. My boyfriend and I brought my favourite nephew to the zoo!!! So I packed lunches for all 3 of us~! ^^



Those are awesome Kyoho grapes!!!





Ingredients (serves 3~4):

- about 1/3 packet of frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn), defroze

- 1 packet of your favourite pasta
- 1 block tofu, cut into 6 pieces + 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 Japanese cucumber/ zucchini, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 8 tablespoons soy mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons raw sugar
- salt and pepper to taste


1. In a large pot of water, bring it to a boil over big flame. When water is boiling, throw in the mixed vegetables. Cook them for about 3 minutes and take them out with a small metal stainless steel strainer. Set aside.

2. In the same pot of water (you may have to add in more water. see pasta package's instructions), add in 4 tbsp of salt. Cook pasta according to package's instructions.

3. Drain pasta and set aside. You may drizzle some extra virgin olive oil over pasta so that they don't stick together while cooling.

4. In a medium-sized glass bowl, toss tofu with turmeric powder. Use a glass bowl because turmeric is quite hard to wash from plastic bowls! 

5. In a small frying pan, heat olive oil over a small-medium flame for about 2 minutes. Throw in tofu mixture, scrambling it for about 1 minute. Turn off flame. 

6. In a big bowl, make dressing by combining mayonnaise and sugar. Toss in pasta. Toss well. 

7. Mix in all the vegetables (including zucchini and tofu) evenly. 

8. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix evenly.


And you're done!!! 

This is really an easy dish to make, and like all pasta dishes, it impresses. The recipe is versatile too. Feel free to throw in any vegetables or meat you like. It's very delicious. I usually serve it cold.

I first learned of Pasta Salad when I went to Australia to stay with my best friend for awhile. She organised a trip to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and very nicely said she would make us lunch and we would eat it over there!

Till this day, her pasta salad still remains the best pasta salad I've ever eaten. My version will always be in 2nd place. Haha! Sometimes it's the fond times that make some food seem so spectacular in memory. Unbeatable. When I made this for our zoo outing, I wanted my nephew and boyfriend to have fond memories of our trip together too!

In the end, it's my boyfriend's sweet surprise that I cannot forget. He produced a Kinder Surprise chocolate egg for my nephew and I. Ok, my weak spot is guys being nice to kids, so yea, I cannot forget that. Haha!


'Like' Happy Girls Cute Food on Facebook for cute food, great recipes, fresh inspiration, cute girls' fashion!! Updated daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...